Sunday, April 15, 2012

Drunken Munchkins & A Sober Introduction

So... here we go. I have finally joined the blogging world. I knew I always wanted to, but never knew what to do. Not too long ago, a lovely website called Pinterest came into my life, and I have been pinning, and pinning, and pinning non-stop since. Everything from recipes, to clothing, to wedding inspiration (I'm not engaged, just obsessed with weddings). I decided to tie my new found obsession in with my new blog. So every Sunday I am going to pick one of the fabulous recipes from my Pinterest, try them out, and blog about it. Throughout the week, I plan to do random blogs about the crafts I come across on Pinterest, and also talk about some products that I just simply adore.


Before I do that, though, I feel an introduction is in order. My name is Chelsea. I live in New Jersey, and I am 21 years old. At the moment I am not going to school, but I do have my Associates in Liberal Arts. I plan to go back to school soon for Interior Design. I am the beauty associate at Kohl's, and I also work at the jewelry counter there, too. I have a wonderful boyfriend, named Joshua, who I have been with for 3 wonderful months (today!). I love love love music, and I also love to read.


Today I tried out something I like to call Drunken Munchkins. I found the AMAZING idea here. I changed it up a bit for myself though. Instead of cherry Jell-o and spiced rum I did two different flavors. I tried Amaretto with grape Jell-o and Malibu Coconut Rum with lime Jell-o.
look closely! see the green & purple!?
Here's what you'll need:
  • 1 box of pre-made munchkins or donut holes
  • 1 box of flavored Jell-o of your choice (or two if you plan to do two different flavors like I did)
  • 1 cup of any flavored liquor of your choice (preferably something that makes sense with whatever flavor Jell-o you're already going with, like my coconut & lime and Amaretto & grape) (and again, or 1 cup of 2 different liquors if you plan to make 2 different flavors)
  • 1 cup of water (to boil for the Jell-o)
Now this can get a bit messy, but can be soooo good:
  1. First follow the first direction on the Jell-o box, boil 1 cup of water and add the Jell-o packet. Stir until Jell-o is dissolved.
  2. While the water is boiling, prep your munchkins by placing 24 on a paper towel lined cookie sheet and prick holes in them (we used a meat thermometer to do this).
  3. When the Jell-o is cooled add the cup of liquor and mix. Pour this in some sort of spouted cup or measuring cup to make it easier to get the Jell-o mixture in the pricked holes.
  4. Carefully (this is where it can get super messy!) pour the Jell-o mixture into the prepped munchkin holes. This is where I made a super huge mess, and thank goodness Joshua is super smart because he mentioned putting a paper towel down under the holes, just in case.
  5. Once you've gone through all of them, do it one more time, so that you really get the flavors in the munchkins.
  6. If you do make a mess like I did, transfer the munchkins (hole side up) to another paper towel lined cookie sheet.
  7. Place the munchkins in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
  8. Enjoy responsibly!
I love the color in the munchkins when they are all done and ready to eat. And you can really taste the yummy flavors. I do love the coconut lime one the most, but that's probably because Malibu Coconut Rum is my very favorite rum out there.

I truly hope you enjoy these as much as Joshua and I did. Not only are they delicious, but they were really so simple and quick to make. I don't really think you'll get all that drunk off of them, because they aren't soaked in the mixture, but they do taste yummy, and as always be careful anyway, because the alcohol is definitely there. It wasn't cooked or baked out. The Munchkins were pre-baked, so we basically only injected them.


Any questions, don't be afraid to ask!


xoxo,
Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment